· For 26 years the community of Delano has brought spiritual light and love to those they serve at Thanksgiving so that the real meaning of the this day is not forgotten.
· Thanksgiving is a time that has evolved from the original Thanksgiving when Pilgrims and Native Americans gathered together in the early years of our great nation. Today, it is a major family gathering time as families gather to contemplate the blessings of the past seasons. For some, however, situations are desperate leaving little room for them to be thankful or enjoy the standard Thanksgiving meal. Delano’s Thanksgiving Outreach program is designed to help those families who would otherwise have no food for Thanksgiving by providing that Thanksgiving meal. Joe if you have a picture please send to Chris
Ronald McDonald House
· Is a nonprofit providing comfort, care and support for children and families in Bakersfield and Kern.
· Opens its doors to families of Serious ill children receiving medical treatment at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital and other nearby facilities.
· Provides day use services to local residents whose children are receiving treatment in the Hospital’s pediatric and neonatal intensive care unit
· Provides families with an escape from the hospital where parents can find relief and camaraderie by talking with and being surrounded by others in similar circumstances yet have the comfort of being close to their hospital and child.
CSUB Roadrunner Scholarship fund
· Funds Donated to the roadrunner Scholarship fund go directly to paying for CSUB student athlete scholarships
· 67% of the student athletes remain in Bakersfield and Kern County after they graduate
· Student athletes spend more than 6,000 hrs. of community service to our local area
· CSUB Athletics provides more national exposure than any other sport entity in Bakersfield and Kern County
Erskien Fire Relief
· The Erskine Fire burned more than 48,000 acres in 18 days before it was fully contained. It’s considered Kern’s most damaging wildfire ever and is ranked 15th of the 20 most damaging fires in California history according to Cal Fire.
· The County of Kern is still compiling a record of damage but its estimates — slightly lower than the state’s — show at least 283 residential structures burned.
Boys and Girls Club
· Mission, To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
· Vision, Provide a world-class Club Experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who walks through our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
· Boys and girls club of Bakersfield provides a safe place to learn and play in a healthy environment. They serve 55 schools in the Bakersfield and Kern area and over 5,000 kids.